[conspire] (forw) Re: Fwd: Gnome-shell very slow on boot

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 26 11:46:18 PST 2012

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> Luis is my favorite gnome person but I still have no idea what this
> refers to.  I see some rants about closing bugs before or during
> rewrites, which I agree with, of course..  But I'm at a loss overwise,
> to understand what bug Luis closed.

I gather, from Luis's account, that had he closed as irrelevant/obsolete
a number of Jamie's GNOME 1.4 bugs on grounds that newer GNOME releases
by then existed, glossing over the fact that (according to Jamie) many
of those bug reports had been open and ignored for multiple years.

Personally, I have no idea (nor do I care) _which_ specific GNOME 1.4
bug filings occasioned jwz's rant.  If for some reason you care, I guess
you'll have to ask one or both of them.