[conspire] MUA sanity (was Re: Guy with the OpenSUSE server now has problems)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jun 28 08:49:59 PDT 2012

> This is a bug in your MUA, not in the user. When a new message arrives
> in a thread, that thread needs to be pushed to the top. I abandoned
> Thunderbird because they refused to fix that. I hope the Mutt developers
> have more sense.

Just about any behaviour desired in mutt can be achieved through
configuration.  It's all just a matter of finding the time to look it
up.  Since you raised the question, I did the obvious Web search, and:
http://stateless.geek.nz/2005/02/24/mutt-thread-sort-by-most-recent/

Somewhat amusingly, you'll notice that he cites as his source the
mutt-tips file in the Linuxmafia.com Knowledgebase.