[conspire] Micro Center Santa Clara closing today

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 23 15:27:50 PDT 2012

http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/santa_clara.html

  Dear Valued Santa Clara Customer:

  The staff of Santa Clara Micro Center and our entire company appreciates
  having you as a Customer, and we sincerely thank you for your ongoing
  business.

  It is therefore very difficult to announce that our Santa Clara store
  closed for normal business on Monday, July 23rd. We are very
  disappointed with the unsuccessful attempts to negotiate an economically
  viable extension of our store lease, and we deeply regret not being able
  to fully serve you going forward.

  However, Micro Center has always been committed to supporting our
  Customers, so we will continue to be in Santa Clara for you over the
  next several weeks. This page provides helpful information and details
  special support options for you during this transition.

  Our company is financially strong and we are growing nationwide. We
  continue to open stores in the country's best locations, and so will
  continue to look at opportunities in the Bay area.
  [...]

That's the Mercado, off US-101 between Lawrence and Great America
Parkway.

Their only other California presence, for now, wwill be Tutin in Orange
County.