[conspire] got an easy likely fix for 1 kaffeine version no longer works ?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 26 20:58:32 PST 2012

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> Some time ago , I asked the dragon player to play every video in the
> directory . I can't get the KDE3 Kaffeine to work anymore but the KDE4
> Kaffeine does .

Bummer.  Sorry, can't really help.  (For those baffled, Kaffeine is a
KDE front-end to the xine A/V player.  'Dragon Player' is a KDE4
front-end to xine, GStreamer, or MPlayer.)

> As a side effect of the permissions problems re.
> backups around here now , I should apply some tool like gujin to
> recover 2 partitions . I plan on attending CABAL. .

'gujin' turns out to be Yet Another Fancy Graphical Bootloader.
Probably one of the attractions for Bruce is that it attempts to
intelligently search out bootable OS components and sets itself up
semi-automatically to deal with them.
http://freecode.com/projects/gujin