[conspire] Apache2 bandwidth limiting: fixing 1105 Altschul's connectivity

Sean sean.channel at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 11 12:59:39 PST 2012

just a scant $0.02:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-prevent-image-hotlinking-leeching-direct-linking.html

I found it very painless and rewarding to switch from Apache to
Lighttpd, YMMV, and this page includes a link to do the same thing with
Apache, though I'm sort of promoting Lighttpd here, FWIW.

OTOH, I once briefly had the inclination to crawl linuxmafia's knowledge
base myself just to have a local copy (an idea I quickliy got over), so
perhaps a prefab tarball to actually allow such a download might eschew
such crawlers if that be their intent.  It is a neat little KB, after all.

OTMA (One Too Many Acronyms),
_S