[conspire] (forw) Re: Linux Laptop

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 28 09:33:20 PST 2012

Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:33:01 -0800
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: jarl <jarl at thinkgland.com>
Subject: Re: Linux Laptop

Quoting jarl (jarl at thinkgland.com):

> Hi Rick,
> I'm looking for some good advice.  I'm looking for a Linux laptop
> for my college kid.  Can you recommend any on-line vendors or local
> Bay Area vendors?

Vendors in general:
http://www.svlug.org/farm.php#hw-vendors

Local Bay Area hardware vendors (_and_ other Linux-related businesses):
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/other.html#current

Necessary disclaimer:  I have no connection with any of the firms on
either page, except that I was once employed by a couple in the BALE
page's 'In Memoriam' section.  I am _maintainer_ of both pages.  And
here is the bad part:  I am not in a position to tell you whether or not
I could recommend any of the firms mentioned from my own personal
knowledge (i.e., give you advice), so you'll have to be the judge.

Many appear to be happy with ZaReason, Los Alamos Computers, Emperor
Linux, and Linux Certified as laptop vendors.

----- End forwarded message -----