[conspire] tip for those who use NoScript with their Firefox and also Panera

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 13 20:28:17 PST 2012

I wrote:

> Firefox/NoScript users visiting Panera Bread stores and attempting to
> use their paid WiFi hotspots, apparently offered through a contractor
> named webbeans.com.  ABE's default rulesets prevent redirection of your
> initial Web page load to the Webbeans pay-the-man-and-login page,
> probably fingering it as a suspicious redirect.

Not that it really matters, but it seems as if references I found online
to 'webbeans.com' in connection with this matter were incorrect, and the
outsourced WiFi provider is Wandering WiFi of Atlanta, GA.

NoScript isn't the only technology tripped up by the way the redirect at
Panera Bread is implemented.  A bit of searching turns up other
examples, such as this one for Blackberry users:
http://forums.crackberry.com/wifi-discussion-help-f65/panera-bread-wifi-cant-connect-319810/