[conspire] Umlaute auf amerikanischen Computern

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sat Dec 1 06:55:37 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 16:15 -0800, Tony Godshall wrote:
> but then '"uniform"' becomes 'üniform"', right?
>
> (some of the bystanders may need to switch
> to a monospace font to tease out the apostrophes
> and the quotes in the above)

This is what I always hated about the Windows-inspired international
layouts. Too steep a learning curve. Read my earlier post:
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/conspire/2012-November/007399.html

Disclaimer: I was 10 years old, so even that may be a learning curve for
most on this list. However, even back then, Ed's suggestion would still
have been too steep a learning curve for me in comparison.