[conspire] CD/DVD burning software for MS-Windows

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 5 02:12:16 PDT 2012

CABAL attendee Reese Harding has a very common problem:  He has a
Windows box to which he's just installed a CD/DVD burner drive, but he
doesn't have MS-Windows software for burning Linux CDs/DVDs from ISOs.
(He wants to burn CentOS 5.8 DVD ISOs.)

This is a genuine frequently asked question.  I don't normally keep the
answers around, because I just don't have much contact with MS-Windows
-- but I suppose it's one a Linux user group ought to keep answers handy
for.  So, here are some.

(Reese doesn't want to install either of the two most-commonly
recommended no-cost MS-Windows CD/DVD-burning packages on account of
troublesome dependencies, as he mentions.)

----- Forwarded message from Rick Harding <rharding2 at yahoo.com> -----

So I have looked at cdburnerxp and imgburn.  The first has dependencies of Net 2.0 Framework (visual basic stuff) and Windows Manager (for installing and uninstalling).  I imagine imgburn will require the same.  That is where i stopped.  Any stable alternatives you can suggest would be considered.  Thanks.

Reese Harding
408 642-8900