[conspire] cabal

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Apr 2 13:31:23 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 16:54 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>
> >  Well, I can tell you that.  Basically:  ultra-reliable, low power,
> >  quiet, compact Telephone system.
> >  Well, I can tell you that.  Basically:  ultra-reliable, low power,
> >  quiet, compact media and entertainment center.
> >  Well, I can tell you that.  Basically:  ultra-reliable, low power,
> >  quiet, compact Game Server for the kids!
>
> Along the lines of item #2, I've long thought that the household ought
> to have a streaming-audio server on the inside network, instead of each
> member of the household having a huge separate collection of mp3, m4a,
> ogg, and FLAC files (along with residual m4p, boo).  I have an antique
> Cobalt Qube 2 that was intended for that, but Cheryl's mp3 collection
> (in particular) is already bigger than the largest IDE drive ever made.

To my knowledge, that would be a 750GB drive, right? Or was there a 1TB
one made? I don't remember, and I'm in too big a hurry at the moment to
check the Western Digital website. I know for a fact WD made the largest
2.5" PATA drive, but as for 3.5" PATA, I have a 750GB one from Seagate
myself and speculate that maybe WD might have made a 1TB.