[conspire] pitfalls of transfers on a usb. memory stick

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 15:17:09 PDT 2011

Pardus linux does not tend to see a stick unless  formatted fat32 . At 900k , it takes 5 hrs. to transfer 15G. from my 32G. stick . I can easily take 2 nights to transfer my 40G. of videos . I still had problems with one file stopping the process despite my using different permissions to do the transfer , I just bundled it into an archive . So I will examine the questions around local network configuration for file transfers . Do other people have this much trouble with usb. sticks ?