[conspire] Paging Jonathan Swift

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 14:38:36 PDT 2011

Here is an excellent example:

    http://cmp.ly/

________________________________
From: Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
To: conspire at linuxmafia.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [conspire] Paging Jonathan Swift

begin Nick Moffitt quotation of Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 03:37:43PM +0000:

> Do you see the text beneath the "-- " in this mail?  That is the
> .signature of a man whose mind has just been blown.

My mind was blown earlier this year, realizing how
much time-suckage and unique skill development people
are putting into Facebook, the AOL and Condé Nast
web properties, and Twitter (especially the last one
-- you could spend a full working day every day in a
different MAXIMIZE YOUR TWITTER POWER online training
class and never repeat one).

The time and effort required to set up and run an
online forum -- a simple CMS/blog, a wiki, or a list
server -- is way less than that.  I put less time into
learning _sendmail_ than people are putting into some
of these "social media" sites.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/