[conspire] D-Link WBR-2310 alternative OS

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 15 13:28:20 PDT 2011

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> you are correct to believe so. in fact, it is stated in the subject
> line :->

Yea, sorry, it's a bad habit of mine to pay no attention to the Subject
header once I've started delving into the body text.  I really should
fix that.

> I actually meant to say I found they are not supporting it, and if
> anyone had any contradicting information.

No worries.  The interesting bit was _why_ a wireless router like that
would not be a candidate, and now we know.

> I got them (2 of them, actually) on FreeCycle hoping they could
> be liberated, and as they are of no use to me otherwise, they are up
> for donation.

Well, that was a heck of a deal at the price, actually.  Can't argue wit
that -- and there's no reason why they can't be useful to someone with
the D-Link-provided firmware.