[conspire] Comodo-signed bogosity (was: DigiNotar Damage Disclosure)

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 11:14:03 PDT 2011

Right. So, the problem on my end was:

    1. I update Firefox.
    2. Upon restarting Firefox, CertWatch informs me it wants to update certificates.
    3. CertWatch then proceeds to pop up a procession of windows, each with cert data, each with "OK" and "Cancel" buttons.
    4. I see contradictory information in the cert data. But I trust that CertWatch knows what it is doing (which it did.) However, CertWatch doesn't tell me it is de-verifying those certs, merely that it is updating them. Being the first time so many certs are updated since I installed CertWatch, I was unaware of what exactly it was doing to them, until I went into Firefox's "View Certificates" area to see they "could not be verified for unknown reasons."
    5. I mention the contradictory data on this list, because I find it interesting.

Perhaps CertWatch should add a notation during update notification, as to the nature of the update.