[conspire] terms of service, illustrated

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Sep 2 12:37:33 PDT 2011

begin Luke S. Crawford quotation of Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 03:12:24PM -0400:

> I tried to start a thing a while back ago where people could create
> reasonable AUPs and Privacy policies, and license them under creative
> commons licenses;   I think a few standard ones would be really great;
> if many used the same documents, I could say "I'm using document X as my
> privacy policy"  and users could go look up public discussions on what
> exactly that meant.
>
> Really, this would require something like the EFF getting involved;
> I'm not going to come up with something good, obviously.   Alexis Ohanin
> was involved for a while, but he, too gave up.   I have the universalAUP
> domain he registered still, but I have done nothing with it.

Can you post to the Project VRM list about this?
  https://cyber.law.harvard.edu/lists/info/projectvrm
There was a thread about this there a while ago,
and Doc Searls is interested.

Maybe the Berkman Center at Harvard U. could be a
good official home for a "CC of ToS" project.

The dreamwidth.org ToS is already under CC -- does
it match up with what you want to see?

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/