[conspire] annoying ext4 disaster under Kademar

Tony Godshall tony at of.net
Mon Oct 31 18:22:28 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 1:37 AM, bruce coston <jane_ikari at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dose anyone have field experience with ext4 filesystems failing after trying to write too many files onto them ....

We reverted back to using ext3 after several instances with
unexplained inconsistencies on boot after power failure- that's just
not right for a journaling filesystem.

Systems were Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04- it's possible the issue's been fixed.

And I'm certainly still running some ext4 in some home apps that have
not yet failed.

But ext3's been solid for us, so we're using that until we've a good
reason not to.

Tony