[conspire] Good page about debugging Linux audio problems

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 19 00:30:53 PDT 2011

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> I'm not going to belabor the point, but the gbd3 is the thing that gets
> my goat.

You know, I actually missed that.  You mean 'libgdbm3' right?

That's a really good point.  WTF does a sound driver need a database
(gdbm)?  Do I even want to know, or am I going to be depressed by the
answer?  ;->

For completeness's sake (depressing or not):  Lennart posted a succint
answer to that question on his 'puleaudio-discuss at lists.freedesktop.org'
mailing list:

   PA uses those to gdbm files to save/restore information like
   volume/mute/device for all streams and devices.

Mishegoss, as we say in Norwegian.