[conspire] (forw) [vox-tech] [Solution] Gnome Classic on Ubuntu 11.10

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 10:05:55 PDT 2011

Has anyone here installed Ubuntu 11.10 yet? I'm intrigued by the 3.0 kernel. The 2.6.39 kernel in Ubuntu 11.04 was very fast but I had too many problems overall and fell back to Ubuntu 10.04 which I'm quite happy with but still want a newer kernel. Tried a 2.6.39 backport, but some problems with that.

And thanks for that link. Can't stand the Unity interface. Will newbies really prefer it? Wonder if they did any usability studies to support that assertion.