[conspire] Ubuntu 9.04 (re-sending due to previously accidentally sent to Bcc instead of Cc conspire group)

Tony Godshall tony at of.net
Mon Oct 10 14:56:04 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Adrien Lamothe (alamozzz at yahoo.com):
>
>> Most Debian users will recommend doing a fresh install when upgrading
>> to a new major release (like from Debian 5 to Debian 6.) Rick, please
>> correct me if this advice is incorrect.
>
> Personally, I wouldn't recommend that.

Me neither.  I've been through quite a few apt-get dist-upgrades
myself.  Do back up first, of course, but they've been surprisingly
uneventful for me.  Except maybe exim3 -> exim4.

> That matter aside, personally, I no longer care about the Debian
> 'stable' branch, and wouldn't care to use it, because the rolling
> testing/unstable package repos are in my experience just a much more
> satisfactory experience.

Interesting.  Keeping up religiously, or upgrading package by package
when new features or security alerts catch your attention?  And do you
do testing or unstable (or some more complex configuration)?

Tony