[conspire] OT: On cultivation of survival traits

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Thu Oct 6 17:02:46 PDT 2011

On 10/6/2011, "Rick Moen" <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

>  Yet to the horror of the tiny circle of intimates in whom he'd confided,
>  Jobs was considering not having the surgery at all. A Buddhist and
>  vegetarian, the Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) CEO was skeptical of
>  mainstream medicine. Jobs decided to employ alternative methods to treat
>  his pancreatic cancer, hoping to avoid the operation through a special
>  diet - a course of action that hasn't been disclosed until now.

I don't know if he was a vegetarian at that point, but I happen to know
that he was later a pescetarian (as of 2008) as I have seen him order
fish, and the folks at the grill confirmed that wasn't unusual.

Because widows and family are often ignored in the whole grief thing, I
thought I'd head over there (the location was published in the press
this morning) to drop off a condolences note for the family.

I was surprised, then surprised I was surprised, that there were so many
apple trees, each one different.

Three photos I took (on an iPhone, natch) here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/muhe-e/archives/date-posted/2011/10/06/

Deirdre