[conspire] (forw) [MaraDNS list] Why I won't use Flattr or another similar scheme

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 9 11:44:18 PST 2011

Forwarding just because I find Sam's analysis interesting.  Failure to
get the economic model right is unfortunately widespread in tech.
Consider for example the SMTP spam deluge resulting, in part, from
shoveling most of the expense onto the recipient, rather than the
sender.

Sam is author and sole maintainer of MaraDNS, one of the leading DNS
nameserver packages.

----- Forwarded message from Sam Trenholme <maradns at gmail.com> -----