[conspire] wtf ? sonic

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat May 28 07:07:47 PDT 2011

I wrote:

> One or two people _have_ bitched like crazy, when I do that, and quoted
> to the public forum my as-yet unrevised
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=netiquette#offlist FAQ
> item, and then going onwards to call me unethical:  I have drawn the
> logical conclusion that they are precisely the malign 0.1% who were
> attempting to pull a small con-job all along.

Ah, looks like I _did_, at some point, get around to revising that FAQ
item.  Although, actually, what the passive-aggressive paskudnyak 0.1%
crowd tend to do is selectively ignore that one and quote back to the
public thread the next FAQ item following it:

  Q:  (You posted my private mail to you, sent to you in confidence, to third
  parties and/or a public forum.)

  A:  Absent extraordinary justification (which you currently lack), this is
  an extremely scummy thing to do. Some boneheads who do this justify it
  by saying they wanted to "open the discussion for broader input". If, to
  accomplish this, you send my private comments to parties I never
  intended, then you have given considerable offence, and your pleas of
  haplessness and good intentions will not avail you.

Deceptively going to private mail for strictly tactical reasons and then
claim that I'm 'extremely scummy' for seeing through the guy's con job.
Charming, eh?

Again, not referring to present company.