[conspire] Critical browser-cerificate problem

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Thu Mar 31 09:24:16 PDT 2011

Speaking of certificates, the following was sent by the company's IT department.  In addition to the problems in the original posting, certificates can cause false failures.

Java client users may have noticed a security warning when launching the application.  This simply indicates that Oracle’s certificate has expired.  Please check the box that indicates: Always trust applications from Oracle to avoid receiving this warning.

Oracle knows about this problem and has it classified as a class 3 bug.  Class 3 means they don’t think it is very important and given their position on support for the Java client I don’t expect a fix from them anytime soon.  We will continue to monitor their progress and if they do provide a fix, we will install it as soon as possible.