[conspire] Copyrights and patents

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 29 00:51:58 PDT 2011

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

[Sorry about the mistype of your name.  It's been a long Monday, and I'm
really, really tired.]

> Here is the background information on this dispute between thee
> interests and companies.

Appreciated, but none of that has particularly to do with the article
you referred to.  You're trying to make some tiresome tu-quoque argument
about how Time Warner are hypocrites because (per you) they are
committing copyright violation in attempting to stream cable television
data to iPad users, while at the same time (per you) objecting to others
doing so on copyright grounds.

OK, you've decided that Time Warner's contracts don't include such
rights (though I doubt in the extreme that you've examined their
contracts):  Fine, you've made the usual sort of Internet-grade
hypocrisy claim, exactly as I predicted.

Are you happy?

You once again ignored my questions, which I pointedly asked you while
pointing out that you've been impairing this mailing list.  Again,
_not smart_.

Instead of backing down from the 'lobbying' rhetoric, you're now
retroactively justifying the polemics by saying 'there will be' such,
ignoring my point that you had referred to 'their inevitable lobbying'
as if it had followed and was an established fact.

As an aside, why are we supposed to be particularly outraged that
someone had indulged in lobbying?  Lobbying has its problems, but
directly reflects a key component of the Bill of Rights, the right to
petition, which is in Amendment One.

So, anyway, wow, 'there will be inevitable lobbying' from a corporation.
And you felt obliged to kill innocent electrons to tell us _that_?

> This is your list.

OK, then:  Kindly get this stuff off CABAL's mailing list.  Thank you.