[conspire] Book Burning continues thanks to the Feds

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 25 08:48:36 PDT 2011

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> Their not the only ones who have trouble with the term "fair use".  The
> courts after years of propaganda at every corner have themselves been
> victemized by the brain washing of the media giants.  And THAT is why
> you need a fair use law, a big commercial entity like Google to help
> fund the lobbying to get it, and a reverse campaign of propaganda and
> talking points, such as you can find very annoying.

Maybe, but you're barking up the wrong tree if you seriously allege that
the now-failed proposed legal settlement would have done anything at all
to advance that cause.  It simply wouldn't have.

> These battles aren't won by being "reasonable", not when the court
> system itself have become corrupted and subverted, but through
> relentless, bullheaded, constant propagation of the message.

Sorry, but you've not heard of the Fallacy of the Excluded Middle?

  The False Dilemma fallacy occurs when an argument offers a false range
  of choices and requires that you pick one of them. The range is false
  because there may be other, unstated choices which would only serve to
  undermine the original argument. If you concede to pick one of those
  choices, you accept the premise that those choices are indeed the only
  ones possible. Usually, only two choices are presented, thus the term
  "False Dilemma"; however, sometimes there are three (trilemma) or more
  choices offered.

  This is sometimes referred to as the "Fallacy of the Excluded Middle"
  because it can occur as a misapplication of the Law of the Excluded
  Middle. This "law of logic" stipulates that with any proposition, it
  must be either true or false; a "middle" option is "excluded". When
  there are two propositions, and you can demonstrate that either one or
  the other must logically be true, then it is possible to argue that the
  falsehood of one logically entails the truth of the other.

  That, however, is a tough standard to meet - it can be very difficult to
  demonstrate that among a given range of statements (whether two or
  more), one of them absolutely has to be correct. It certainly isn't
  something which can simply be taken for granted, but this is precisely
  what the False Dilemma Fallacy tends to do.

Alternatives to being victimised are not limited to going onto every
possible discussion forum on the Internet, and making a pest of yourself
to the point where people tune you out.

And yeah, I _am_ saying you tend to do that.  Often, in fact.