[conspire] Book Burning continues thanks to the Feds

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Thu Mar 24 19:42:06 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 07:23:55PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>
> > No.  There is PROPERTY and EXCLUSIVE GRANTS which are not property.
>
> Oh really?
>
> Tell me why a a municipal bond is property despite being an exclusive
> grant.  Tell me why mineral rights are property despite being an
> exclusive grant.
>
> I think I'm driving the point into the ground, at this point.  You are
> well aware of the fact that, functionally, 'property' is anything you
> can buy, sell, or rent.  You just don't like that fact, and are pounding
> the table as if that were logic.

BTW - I have limited exclussive rights to my children.  Does that make
them property?  How about my wife (or ex-wife as the case is)?

Exclussive rights is not a property definition.  The ability for
property to be stolen is historically what makes property, property.

You can steal bonds, and be arrested for theft, and therefor have
constitutional protection in security of such papers.

Ruben