[conspire] newbie apache question

Peter Knaggs peter.knaggs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 00:39:15 PDT 2011

Hi Rick,

After I changed the DNS to point to the new penlug server,
I noticed I still hadn't figured out how to make the "front page" go
directly to the foswiki.

So at the moment, if you click on
it's showing an index.html that contains a link to the wiki.
But how to make it go there directly?

I still want to keep all the old links to the "twiki" version of penlug
alive, so e.g. this old link still works (it's using a rewrite rule):

The rewrite rule is like this (in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default)
RewriteRule ^\/+twiki\/+(.*)$ /foswiki/$1 [R=301,L]

So essentially what I'm trying to do is just change
what the front page is showing. I'm still a newbie
on this apache2 config stuff.