[conspire] request recommendation for webcam for Mac G4 PPC - Mac OS 10.4.11

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 8 02:49:47 PDT 2011

Quoting Darlene Wallach (freepalestin at dslextreme.com):
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> > Now, before you say so, I take it as given that your sister is not going
> > to want to run anything but OS X, and is unwilling to consider running a
> > different Unix (such as a Linux distro).  Part of the price that she is
> > going to pay for that viewpoint is that OS X has for a _very_ long time
> > been orphaned on OS X.                  ^^^^

Again, typing error correction:   PowerPC has for a very long time been
orphaned on OS X.

> As you can see, I'm cc'ing my sister. I do not forsee her switching to
> GNU/Linux. Can you recommend a webcam that would work on her system?

I'm not an appropriate person to ask for OS X recommendations, just as
CABAL's mailing list really isn't, either (being a _Linux_ user group,
you see).  Once again, you really should be seeking advice in a
Macintosh OS X-specific discussion forum of some sort.  This just isn't
one.

I would appreciate it if you would not use CABAL's mailing list as a
place to try to seek helpdesk-type advice about non-Linux operating
systems, particularly proprietary ones.