[conspire] (forw) Re: June/July installfest now on Centos56 continue install openjdk app

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 28 00:36:38 PDT 2011

----- Forwarded message from wood eddie <ewood111 at yahoo.com> -----

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:01:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: wood eddie <ewood111 at yahoo.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: June/July installfest now on Centos56 continue install openjdk app

Hi Rick:

Thanks for great support.  I am starting to install openjdk app by running java -jar application.jar  gets error [The wizard cannot continue because of the following error: could not load wizard specified in /wizard.inf (184)]

I searched the net for solution and found http://www.vivaolinux.com.br/dica/Problema-instalacao-do-ReceitaNet-IRPF-2011 which appears a match but it appear language is portuguese.  I used babefish.yahoo.com to translate but still not sure what to do next.

Translated text as follows:

Problem installation of ReceitaNet - IRPF 2011 I was with problems to install the ReceitaNet of the Federal Prescription to transmit my declaration. When he tried to install the ReceitaNet, appeared the following error: " The wizard cannot continues because of the following error: could not load wizard specified in /wizard.inf " Problem this caused by the lack of the JVM. However, I have the JVM installed in my Ubuntu. After you vary research in the Google, I found the following tip. I entered in the terminal and I typed: $ sudo update-alternatives --config java The result was: Election Way Been priority ------------------------------------------------------------ 0 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java 63 automatic way 1 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java 63 manual way * 2 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java 63 manual way In fórum (http://www.hardware.com.br/comunidade/irpf2011-linux/1129239/) the user (advi) informed that the problem was in the
 OpenJDK. Then I erased of the directory (/usr/lib/jvm) all the OpenJDK installed. Then I typed again: $ sudo update-alternatives --config java E the result now is: Election Way Been priority ------------------------------------------------------------ 0 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java 63 automatic way * 1 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java 63 manual way E later I installed the ReceitaNet normally. I wait that it helps who not yet transmitted its declaration… rsrs! Abração to all!  ]

I try run [sudo update-alternatives --config java ] using ewood pswd but gets message [sudo] ewood is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

Do you know if there is an intro to sudo and sudo update-alternatives somewhere ?  I am trying to stay with openjdk if possible.

Thx, Eddie