[conspire] OT: Fifth Annual Edible Landscaping Tour

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 21 11:03:24 PDT 2011

Just before this Saturday's CABAL meeting, Deirdre, Cheryl, and I will
be doing one of the highlights of summer in the Peninsula / Silicon
Valley:  The Fifth Annual Edible Landscaping Tour, organised by Common
Ground Palo Alto.  Quoting the announcement
(http://www.commongroundinpaloalto.org/):

  Fifth Annual Edible Landscaping Tour
  Organic Food Grown in Our Neighborhoods

  Saturday, July 23rd, 2011
  11 am to 4 pm

  Join this inspirational self-guided tour in Palo Alto!
  o  ten beautiful suburban gardens with organic edible landscapes
  o  visit the Common Ground Garden
  o  meet the creative gardeners who transformed their gardens
  o  get great ideas for your garden

  $35 -- Click here (http://fifthediblelandscapingtour.eventbrite.com/)
  for Tour Registration or call 650-493-6072

Essentially, you drive or bicycle around to ten houses in Palo Alto /
Los Altos / Mountain View with utterly spectacular, lush, food-growing
organic gardens.  A couple of years ago, this included the palatial
estate of Sun Microsystems founder Scott McNealy:  We got served
lemonade by Scott's family.

People can _probably_ join us (if the Tour hasn't reached capacity) by
showing up at Common Ground on Saturday morning and paying the $35 fee
then.

Common Ground Organic Garden Supply and Education Center
559 College Avenue (~1 block west of El Camino Real)
Palo Alto, CA 94306
650 493-6072

College Ave. is two blocks north of California Ave., Palo Alto.