[conspire] Browser 'Wars'

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Feb 10 18:13:16 PST 2011

Hmm, I just backtracked, trying to figure out why Micah asked that
particular question, as in retrospect it seemed somewhat non-sequitur.

Micah wrote:

  > > > Chromium and Konqueror are very real, major, worthy of respect,
  > > > and open source.
  >
  > > Obviously.
  >
  > But you excluded them in your listing of 'real' Web browsers -- more
  > than likely because they're unknown on MS-Windows.  Thus my point.

  I thought you could run Chromium on Windows?

I _think_ you misread my wording.  Although I often write in a hurry
(and am a very fast typist) and somewhat forlornly rely on people to read
with context, in this case I chose my wording very precisely.

I said _unknown_, i.e., obscure.  I didn't say non-existent.

--
Rick Moen              "I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath,
rick at linuxmafia.com    who had become depressed and taken a massive underdose."