[conspire] Browser 'Wars'

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Thu Feb 10 12:41:52 PST 2011

On 02/10/2011 03:09 PM, Micah Lee wrote:
> On 02/10/2011 10:48 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:
>
>> As a twenty plus year computer programmer developer and user, I'm SICK
>> of browsers, all of them.  They all suck and trying to stuff the
>> complete functionality of X11 into them is fundamentally stupid and
>> working the problem backwards to accommodate brain dead OSs.
>>
>> Ruben
>>
> It sure is a good thing that all computer users have X11 then. And I'm
> glad that GTK and Qt are a breeze to program and design for, right? And
> the software you write with them runs on all platforms out of the box
> too, doesn't it?

At this point, your showing me that your background on this topic is
very thin and your giving me defensive static white noise.  Its not
worth the time.  Ditch your windows computer, get a real OS and make a
real contribution somewhere.  We'll all be better off and you'll be a
happier person.

> It's true that the architecture is totally backwards. The reason web
> applications have gotten so wildly popular and successful is because
> programmers wanted to write programs that lots of people would use but
> didn't want to have to write Windows programs.
>
> But on the other hand, web apps now do some amazing things

They Suck....really