[conspire] HP Melt Down

Ross Bernheim rossbernheim at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 31 14:37:45 PDT 2011

The article recites many of the reasons I don't outsource overseas.

I prefer to buy good and services as locally as I can for the products we produce where I work. As the purchasing manager I have some say in the issue. My boss and I both agree that supporting local businesses in technology and manufacturing helps to keep the capabilities available for our use as well as helping to keep us up with what the technologies are capable of.

It has been amusing to see what happens to many of the companies that were so hot on outsourcing overseas where it would be less expensive to produce products.

Some products just are not available domestically though.

Ross