[conspire] Tidbit about the state of Java on Linux

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Aug 10 13:54:31 PDT 2011

Quoting Adrien Lamothe (alamozzz at yahoo.com):

> Pamela Jones' initial impression is that Oracle's case is not without
> merit. Since then she has been following the case closely. The current
> shenanigans in the discovery process (which ends this week) are highly
> entertaining and anyone who hasn't should take a quick look at groklaw.net.

Yes, Deirdre was just talking about this.  One story is that (possibly
among other problems Google has in that area) Google managers made
damaging statements about 'stealing' Java (I paraphrase from memory) in
written communications that they intended to be covered by
attorney-client privilege but were negligently conveyed to non-lawyers,
hence not covered after all.

However, I have to confess that the Oracle v. Google case has been such
a thick forest of motions and sundry shenanigans that I've not even
tried to keep up.

> Sorry about the top posting, I should find an email account with a
> service that more easily facilitates the polite response method.

Thank you for caring about quoting practices.  Here's a link that might
be useful for doing that in YahooMailClassic:
http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailtips/qt/et050305.htm