[conspire] Tidbit about the state of Java on Linux

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 20:32:24 PDT 2011

It appears there are enough proprietary components in the garden variety JVM, that Oracle could go after JVM based SAAS websites in the same manner they are now suing Google over proprietary pieces of Java in the Android phone. Someone recently told me the only patented pieces of JVM are in the "mobile" edition, but that doesn't sound correct.