[conspire] The Nation, Slave of Megacorporations?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:23:46 PDT 2011

I just now wrote to the technical support page of The Nation, the
source of That Liberal Bias You Can't Find Anywhere Else, as follows:

I just now created an account on thenation.com on behalf of my
father-in-law, a subscriber, and logged in.

Subscriber name: Thomas L Essex
Account ID: Tom Essex
Subscription number: 000XXXXXXX

I was unable to access content marked Subscribers Only, and was
repeatedly redirected to log in. I am using Ubuntu Linux and Firefox.
This Technical-Question page
[http://www.thenation.com/technical-question] only shows support for
Windows and Macintosh on the Computer Type menu. If it turns out that
you only support megacorporation proprietary software, I will have to
point at you and laugh loudly in public to my geek friends.
=====
The pointing and laughing should not begin at least until I get a
reply. Anybody else with this problem?