[conspire] duckduckgo firefox tip:

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 19 00:17:46 PDT 2011

Quoting Tony Godshall (tony at of.net):

> Except of course that 'put focus on URL line' is exactly what we're doing.
> The Keyword.url setting in about:config makes duckduckgo handle all
> URL line typing that's not an actual URL, and the ! are duckduckgo's
> "bang syntax" searches
> !w is wikipedia
> !ebay is an ebay search
> !a is an amazon sesarch
> !map is a google maps search
> see duckduckgo.com/bang.html

Ah, OK.  Thanks for clarifying.  At the time you sent that, I was just
about to go off to the Canary Islands, Madeira, Morocco, and the
Alhambra (wonderful, thanks; in the case of the Alhambra, stunning), and
so didn't have time to do more than just glance at your posting.  In
fact, I've just now gotten back.

Cheers,   "Why is the alphabet in that order?  Is it because of that song?"
Rick Moen                                              -- Steven Wright
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ!  (4x80)