[conspire] How do I determine what I need to keep from my internal hard drive and what is the recommend way to move things to an external hard drive

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Mon Sep 6 08:27:38 PDT 2010

Darlene Wallach:
> I want to put /home on a separate partition because I prefer to do a
> clean install and format the when I install a new release of the Linux
> distro I install. Putting /home on a separate partition should allow
> me to do that and not format /home.

Sure, and as I said that's a valid reason for playing this carve-up
game.  However, I would argue that it's probably a better policy to keep
regular backups of /home to the point where you don't fear having to
scrap it and restore.

--
"It is not very unreasonable that the rich should
contribute to the public expense, not only in