[conspire] (forw) Re: UNIX beginner asks: what's a good forum for q's about command-line utilities?

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Thu Sep 2 19:50:46 PDT 2010

If you want to  move ALL the files (and only those that have changed, which will initially be all of them):

rsync -av src dest

e.g., rsync -av ./ ~/Sites/deirdre.net/

with the -e ssh option, it can also do it remotely. There's a lot more options as well including means of excluding and including files.

Deirdre