[conspire] recording activities of authorities [Re: Idiot waiver demands]

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Oct 11 07:50:08 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 07:32:19AM -0700, Ehud Kaldor wrote:
> Hebron might be a bit rough. I heard that Ramalla has a very vibrent night
> life. However, I am an Israeli, and every migration east of the green line
> should be worked with the PA (Palestinian authority).

Thanks for the information.  I'm not worried about night life.  I think
I'm going to send my son to the Jerusalem branch of the Mireer Yeshiva.
But I don't think it is a wise idea to go to the Palestinians about
moving to Israel.  The last time my family left their safety to the
Palestinian Muslims, and the Ottamon Turks, they killed about 300
members of the family, and kidnapped 4 of the young women, who as family
lore says at least, were forced to convert to Islam.  That resulted in
the remainder of the family, 13 member or of about 300 hundred family
members, to move to NY in 1861.  They had several acres of terreced
farmland in the hills around Hebron.  I visited the area, and like the
rest of the Judian Hills, today it remains largly fallow.  I also looked
up some of the residences we had deeds for.  A few are destroyed,
perhaps in the 1929 riots, but the rest are occupied by Palestinian
Moslems although they still have the Mezzuza Slots on the doorways.

We've tried to bring our documents of land ownership to both the
Isreali's and the PA but they ignored it.  But I am interested in
resettling in Hebron, but I'm looking at possible alternates closer the
Yerushalium.

Ruben