[conspire] verifying I'm doing this correctly - fdisk, mkfs.ext3...

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 12:37:32 PDT 2010

Darlene ,
Generally I just trust that the Gparted disk will do a good job of puting the ext3 filesystem where I want it . I hope that Val Henson's occasional atime gets put in the filesystem automatically vs. noatime or atime . I prefer to get most of the benefits of atime while avoiding most of the cost , and may bother specifying my atime preference when I have enormous time to waste . - Bruce