[conspire] parted question - how do I tell parted to partion /dev/sdb

Tony Godshall tony at of.net
Sun Mar 28 20:53:20 PDT 2010

Assuming your device is /dev/sdx and has no partitions you can do this, I think

# parted /dev/sdx mkpartfs primary ext3

Probably someone else will have a better answer; I habitually use
cfdisk except when I need to do something special like resize a
partition...

I also habitually make partitions first and then make filesystems
after, but it's cool parted can do both...

Best Regards.