[conspire] question regarding mounting the Seagate FreeAgent Go 1T drive

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Sun Mar 28 15:25:50 PDT 2010

After I partition, format and label the Seagate FreeAgent Go 1T drive
and I'm ready to mount it is this what I should use:

mount -t fuseblk -o rw,nosuid, nodev,allow_other,blocksize=4096
/dev/sdb1 /media/<myLabel>

Should I add - uhelper=hal to the mount?

mount -t fuseblk -o rw,nosuid,
nodev,uhelper=hal,allow_other,blocksize=4096 /dev/sdb1 /media/<myLabel>

what about adding shortname=lower to the mount?

mount -t fuseblk -o rw,nosuid,
nodev,uhelper=hal,shortname=lower,allow_other,blocksize=4096 /dev/sdb1
/media/<myLabel>

Thank you for your attention, consideration, and feedback.

Darlene Wallach
--
equal justice under law