[conspire] a 17.3" acer Laptop tested VESA. good under Elive

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 15:38:49 PDT 2010

I tested 3 optical disks on the acer 7551 2531 type laptop at Fry's , $500 . The recent E-Live , .deb based , worked fine on VESA. . The Mint 8 didn't work at all . I couldn't test any internet . As my 2nd laptop seems busy dying lately , I'm wondering if this model kicks ass at running the most recent linuxes etc. . I found a reference to it at $580 online so I'm not super impressed despite barely weighing more than the imac equivalent . And , I found some meaningless marketing online too .