[conspire] De-bricking a Linux wireless router

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 16 00:28:00 PDT 2010

Hooray!  Not sure if I helped, but he figured it out.

----- Forwarded message from Elliott Mitchell <ehem at m5p.com> -----

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:13:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Elliott Mitchell <ehem at m5p.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Re: ARM Help?
	SPF_PASS,TVD_RCVD_IP autolearn=no version=3.2.5

No, I'd seen most of that before. Looks like the main trick, not
mentioned anywhere; is to simply ignore all the mentions of 30/30/30
resets, ignore everything out there. Simply flip over the unit, read the
MAC address, add that with a static entry to 192.168.1.1 and *then* use
TFTP.

Seems that when in TFTP mode it doesn't respond to ARP. Now if only I'd
known that a couple months ago a great deal of frustration could have
been avoided. I'm wondering if no one out there ever upgrades routers (I
was looking for the faster switch, plus the USB port for enough flash to
load DebWRT).

Thanks, finally have *that* bloody problem solved. Now I just need to
climb the next step to getting this thing in place.

 \BS (    |         EHeM at gremlin.m5p.com PGP F6B23DE0         |    )   /
2477\___\_|_/DC21 03A0 5D61 985B <-PGP-> F2BE 6526 ABD2 F6B2\_|_/___/3DE0

----- End forwarded message -----