[conspire] Generic Linux?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 17:38:26 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 20:25, Ehud Kaldor <ehud.kaldor at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, no Windows or MacOS shells on Debian????? :)

You're thinking backwards, but to answer your question as written WINE
runs fine on Debian. There is some sort of virtual Mac for Debian,
also, but as I recall it is quite archaic.

In the other direction, Debian runs on Windows using coLinux or as a
VM in appropriate software. You get BSD on Macs, and they also run
Debian as a VM.

And if anyone cares, you used to be able to run IBM 1401 programs on a
7090 simulated on a 360, with the result that they ran slower than on
the original hardware. ^_^

Has anyone found a reason to run HURD in production?