[conspire] Floppy drive on today's Linux

roger at rogerchrisman.com roger at rogerchrisman.com
Mon Jun 7 13:24:39 PDT 2010

How can I add 1.4 Mb floppy drive support to today's Linux?

I have put Xubuntu 10.4 Lucid Lynx on an old Dell 800 Mhz Pentium III
desktop. My six year old son and I want to play at poking through and
putting stuff on a handfull of quaint little old 1.4 Mb floppy disks
he found in the old desk in our living room. However, I think
contemporary Linux such as Ubuntu 10.4 have dropped floppy drive
support. How can I add 1.4 Mb floppy drive support to today's Linux?

Roger :-)