[conspire] More Firefox Addon problems - this tie from MS

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Feb 1 13:26:53 PST 2010

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> > This would seem to be an MS-Windows problem.
>
> Not sure.  It seems to have to do with the .net infrastructure, I asume
> that involves authentiation software and such.

The Microsoft-caused problem described was one from last fall that was
specific to the MS-Windows environment:

   ...thanks to a Microsoft-made plug-in pushed to Firefox users
   eight months ago in an update delivered via Windows Update.

I'm sorry to hear that MS-Windows users have problems.  I recommend
Linux, personally.