[conspire] Please Respond ASAP: request for support for Linux and open source

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:39:26 PST 2010

hi,

Thanks for this email, Jim.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 11:58 AM, jim <jim at systemateka.com> wrote:

> On Monday, December 13, a TV show called ABC 7 Live will focus on
> technology and non-profits. They are interested in having supporters
> of Linux in schools attend and possibly respond to questions.

Jim, thanks for this email.  This is a great opportunity to talk about Linux
before a mainstream TV audience.

> The show airs from 3 pm to 4 pm.

If you are interested in being on the show, you would need to appear at 900
Front Street by 2:15 p.m. on 12/13/10.  You must have a ticket in advance,
and I am coordinating tickets for the studio.  Tickets are free.  The show
should be fun.  I know that I personally have never been in a studio TV
audience before, and I am looking forward to it.  This is probably a
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for most of us to participate in a live TV
show and to have the opportunity to talk about Linux on TV.

> Please let Christian know you can participate today by emailing
> him at Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> (and CC: me at
> jim at systemateka.com )
>
> The show needs to have a list of participants in advance and will
> check attendees against the list; they will not admit people not
> on the list.

I would like to get a final list to the studio by 3 pm on Thursday 12/9/10,
meaning tomorrow.