[conspire] Fedora 12 wireless hell

Tony Godshall tony at of.net
Mon Apr 26 22:43:09 PDT 2010

Gah! That installs their whole driver.

When I did it I just extracted the .fw file and put it in the place
the good open source kernel driver (b43) could find it (/lib/firmware)

What you just did blocked the open source kernel driver and said use
the proprietary driver.

It's bad enough to use a proprietary blob for the firmware- I'd avoid
using a proprietary blob driver since it will break future kernels.

Best Regards.